Today in the post: incredibly beautiful photos of Polish girls in traditional Slavic wreaths; smart 3D-printed clothes reacting to the external stimulus; amazing story of a stray dog that has found her man while running a marathon in the desert; skateboarding as a new official Olympic sport; thoughts of Barak Obama on women and their role in the modern world; astonishing life story of an Olympic swimmer who has rescued herself and 20 more people escaping from Syria; and a lifelong dream of all dog owners – a technology that can give a dog an ability to talk – follow the links to find more!
And just in case you’re new to the tribe, below is a handpicked selection of all the best, most thought provoking and entertaining links, from all over the internet, from last week! You can follow my updates daily on Facebook or check this column every Monday at 11 am New York time! Best Links This Week – all in one place for your convenience.
Enjoy the reads and leave your own recommendations and comments below the post, there’re always welcome!
I wish you all an unforgettable and enjoyable week!
- Polish Artists Recreate Traditional Slavic Wreaths To Preserve The Tradition – Such amazing way to keep your roots alive and heritage honored! (www.demilked.com)
- The 3D-printed clothing that reacts to your environment – Amazing women in tech! Behnaz Farahi, an architect and interaction designer at the University of Southern California has created a 3D-printed garment, Caress of the Gaze, which detects when you are being stared at and moves in response. (www.bbc.com)
- Why Amish kids are less likely to get asthma – Once humans have reverted to the more sustainable, ecological living we’re going to see a lot of changes in our health and general well-being. It’s only a matter of time. (www.cbsnews.com)
- Tiny Stray Dog Finds Her Human When She Joins Him For 77 Miles In Race – Sometimes they pick us. “This was the first contact I had with her and as I ran off the line I noticed her by my side,” he told the Independent. “I didn’t speak much to her that day thinking she wouldn’t stay with me, but at the finish line she followed me into the tent and we slept next to each other. That was it then.” (www.huffingtonpost.com)
- Skateboarding Is Now Officially an Olympic Sport – “The Olympics will include both men’s and women’s park and street events, with a total of 80 skaters – 40 men and 40 women – competing in them.” So cool! (www.vice.com)
- The human remains just found at Stonehenge could change how we see the ancient world. – “The archaeology now shows that as far as the burials go, women were as prominent there as men!”(www.upworthy.com)
- TWO CRUCIAL MUSIC FESTIVAL ACCESSORIES FOR THE SUSTAINABLE GIRL – Great piece of advice for the sustainable festival goer! (ecocult.com)
- Glamour Exclusive: President Barack Obama Says, “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like” – “In my lifetime we’ve gone from a job market that basically confined women to a handful of often poorly paid positions to a moment when women not only make up roughly half the workforce but are leading in every sector, from sports to space, from Hollywood to the Supreme Court.” (www.glamour.com)
- Yusra Mardini: Olympic Syrian refugee who swam for three hours in sea to push sinking boat carrying 20 to safety – Almost every athlete at the 2016 Olympic Games will have an interesting backstory, but Yusra Mardini’s is more extraordinary than most. (www.independent.co.uk)
- CNN International – If your dog could speak, what would it say? These researchers have developed technology that gives dogs the ability to talk.