Today in the post: you’ll see terrifying life of Bangladesh women in the brothel; find out where the happiest people in the world are living; imagine what it’s like to have dinner at the naked restaurant; laugh at how a panda can use pregnancy to get what she wants, just like a human being; learn about 4 most ambitious are objects at Burning Man 2016; and watch videos about rape culture in the USA and a life lesson from a former CIA female officer – follow the links for more details!
And just in case you’re new to the tribe, below is a handpicked selection of all the best, most thought provoking and entertaining links, from all over the internet, from last week! You can follow my updates daily on Facebook or check this column every Monday at 11 am New York time! Best Links This Week – all in one place for your convenience!
Discover the news and share it with the world! And you’re always welcome to leave your own recommendations in the comments below.
Have a great week, my friends!
- Heartbreaking photos show what it’s like living in a walled city of a brothel – Sometimes the world terrifies me. “Supporters of the brothel believe that sex work is also work — and that these women don’t want to do something else.” (www.washingtonpost.com)
- This Country Was Just Named The Happiest In The World, Again – Yes, and it’s probably not the one you’re thinking of! “The survey, released Thursday, polled 66,040 people from 68 countries across the globe between September 2015 and December 2015, and asked respondents: “In general, do you personally feel very happy, happy, neither happy nor unhappy, unhappy or very, unhappy about your life?” (www.huffingtonpost.com)
- Exclusive: this is what it’s like to eat at the naked restaurant – “As you may remember, the idea behind The Bunyadi is a kinda back-to-nature vibe, where staff and customers are unclothed, phones are banned and there’s no electricity – with food being cooked over a fire and light coming from candles.” This is basically every day at my house, I like this idea! (www.timeout.com)
- Famous giant panda fakes pregnancy, gets nice things – The life of a pregnant giant panda living in captivity sounds pretty sweet, relatively speaking. She gets her own suite loaded with amenities such as air-conditioning, around-the-clock care and a serious supply of buns, fruit and bamboo. (www.washingtonpost.com)
- HACKERS HIJACK ISIS TWITTER ACCOUNTS WITH GAY PORN AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK – “Twitter accounts belonging to supporters of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) have been hacked in the wake of the Orlando shooting, with jihadist content replaced with gay pride messages and links to gay pornography.” Very well done! I hope this is true! (europe.newsweek.com)
- THESE 4 MASSIVE ART PIECES WILL BE AT BURNING MAN 2016 – Thank you Fest300 for the write up!We need your help! Click on the link in the article to purchase our designs or simply donate to our foundation (it’s tax deductible). (www.fest300.com)
- A Stanford victim’s powerful letter to her rapist has gone viral – A look at rape culture in the U.S. Another little something for your brain! (AJ+)