In three days I will be on my cross-country adventure to Burning Man (you can read about my last year’s adventures HERE). I can’t believe it’s already this close and I’m beaming with excitement. I have only seen parts of this beautiful country, so this adventure is way overdue, considering I have been here almost 16 years. And if you want to follow us live, tune inn on Instagram, nick name the_2500 (link to profile here). I will be posting more photos and videos as we go, so I’d love to have you with me on this adventure!
There has been a lot of news about Burning Man this year: first the media was worried it was going to rain out, then there was that bug infestation problem. Literally, for the past 2 weeks every day you’d see some big headline, fishing for clicks. This just shows how much sensationalism is thriving in the media and this is exactly why I have limited my exposure to TV and radio in the past 6 years. I don’t own a TV and don’t listen to the radio. I feel like the internet still somewhat allows for filtering the garbage out of the news feed. Same as with everything else, the news about the bugs were blown out of proportion, nothing even remotely close to that is happening and we’re all scheduled to arrive as planned. Although, looking at this from the bright side, I think this might have prevented some non-burners from going this year. You know, people who are going there just to party and do drugs. People who, let’s be frank, just don’t get it. Again, if you are wondering what I am talking about, read this article. 🙂
So, with all that said, I am off to continuing packing and planing, leaving you here with the latest Best Of The Week post where you can read about actually natural beauty products and essential antioxidants for a healthy and fresh look, a great summer blueberry bars recipe, the cutest photos of polar bears in flower fields, nightmare Disneyland by Banksy, vintage photos of Hollywood young skaters, an amazing idea with social benefits how to teach Brazilian kids English chatting online with lonely elderly Americans, groundbreaking invention by Tesla, and, of course, useful tips and interesting news from Burning Man!
Have a great week everyone!
- 10 ESSENTIAL ANTIOXIDANTS FOR GLOWING SKIN – Eat yourself to a healthy skin! “It seems like antioxidants are everywhere, from juices to skin creams to sunscreen. We know they’re good for us, but have you ever wondered why that is?” (hellonatural.co)
- Canadian Photographer Captures Polar Bears Playing In Flower Fields – The photographer says: “In the end, I hope my photos inspire people to care about all wildlife and to do their part. It would be a shame to lose something as iconic as the polar bear”. This made me smile. I hope it makes people think.(www.boredpanda.com)
- ALMOND LEMON BLUEBERRY PIE BARS – Summer goodness! It’s another great idea how to enjoy blueberries. (minimalistbaker.com)
- Banksy’s Dismaland: Take A First Look Inside Nightmare Version Of Disneyland – I thought this was a Banksy hoax until today, when images of the Disney-themed “bemusement” park appeared in the media! “Are you looking for an alternative to the soulless sugar-coated banality of the average family day out? Or just somewhere cheaper. Then this is the place for you—a chaotic new world where you can escape from mindless escapism”. (www.boredpanda.com)
- Rediscovered photos of the 70s hollywood skate scene – My love for vintage photos is very obvious, so here’s another indulgence for you! “Hugh’s photos of long-haired, golden-skinned kids gunning down Hollywood’s hills and tearing up its boulevards document the very origins of skate culture.” (i-d.vice.com)
- Exclusive: No, Someone is Not Bringing a 747 Jumbo Jet to Burning Man This Year – And here’s a little update from the camp I will be staying with during this BurningMan! Come visit if you’re going this year!(sfist.com)
- Perfect Match: Brazilian Kids Learn English by Video Chatting With Lonely Elderly Americans FCB’s touching work for a language school
- BurningMan this year! (www.justin-klein.com) Another very helpful tool of you’re going to
- The Tesla battery heralds the beginning of the end for fossil fuels – We are about to be a part of something really groundbreaking!”Now the renewable power billionaire Elon Musk has just blown away that final defense. Last Thursday in California he introduced to the world his sleek new Powerwall – a wall-mounted energy storage unit that can hold 10 kilowatt hours of electric energy, and deliver it at an average of 2 kilowatts, all for US$3,500. That translates into an electricity price (taking into account installation costs and inverters) of around US$500 per kWh – less than half current costs, as estimated by Deutsche Bank.”
- HOW TO KNOW WHICH BEAUTY PRODUCTS ARE ACTUALLY NATURAL – In our world of lies and marketing strategies aimed at misleading you rather than providing accurate information during your decision process, this might come helpful! (hezoereport.com)