Today in the post you’ll find out about a new law that insures safe and sound retirement for military dogs; discover new plant based biodegradable glitter just in time for festival season; read about a sex massager that tops the list for best gadgets of all times; a new party high that is completely legal and 100% natural; listen to amazing tunes from Burning Man 2015; watch educational video on 3D printing; learn about a new self-sufficient neighborhood; and laugh at the video on how to become gluten intolerant – follow the links to learn more! And if that’s not enough, head over to my article about the incredible project I am a part of for this year’s Burning Man and help us get a 747 Boeing to the Playa! We are a foundation that will make a lot of amazing things for our community and the world and this project is for us to show that we can literally do anything! Even change the world!
And just in case you’re new to the tribe, below is a handpicked selection of all the best, most thought provoking and entertaining links, from all over the internet, from last week! You can follow my updates daily on Facebook or check this column every Monday at 11 am New York time! Best Links This Week – all in one place for your convenience!
There’s no such thing as too many interesting reads, so if you have something, please share it with us in the comments to the post.
Meanwhile I wish you all an amazing week!
- President Obama Signs Law Making It Easier for Military Dogs Overseas to Retire With Their Handlers Back Home – Because if we’re going to put another living beings life in danger for our own sake, we have a moral obligation to ensure this animal is retired with love and dignity! (www.good.is)
- BIOGLITZ – Great news for all your glitter lovers! “Being so fine & fleeting, there is no way to recycle nor prevent it from entering waterways & disrupting marine life as well as birds, insects and the human food chain. With millions of pounds of glitter being sold annually, we can’t continue to support such waste, so, we’ve developed a new plant based biodegradable glitter.” (bioglitz.myshopify.com)
- This New Neighborhood Will Grow Its Own Food, Power Itself, And Handle Its Own Waste – A biogas plant will turn any non-compostable household waste into power and water. A water storage system will collect rainwater and graywater and redistribute it to seasonal gardens and the aquaponic system. (www.fastcoexist.com)
- THE PARTY DRUG THAT WILL GIVE YOU A SWEET HIGH – How interesting! “Say, um, “hi” to the sweetest party drug there is. In recent months, cacao has transcended its already lofty status as a superfood and vaulted into the realm of party drugs.” (www.ozy.com)
- Mayan Warrior – Mendrix – Thursday Sunset – Burning Man 2015 – Amazing tunes in my weekly music recommendations! (soundcloud.com)
- Watching Animals Getting High and Drunk Can Help Humans Make Smarter Drug Policy – “A 2014 BBC documentary, Dolphins: Spy in the Pod, showed a crew of young dolphins chewing on a poisonous pufferfish and passing it around like a joint. ” (www.inverse.com)
- UNILAD – How to become gluten intolerant. – This is hilarious!
8. Time Magazine Names Magic Wand Among Top Ten Most Influential Gadgets of All Time – Is anyone surprised? “The Magic Wand, previously the “Hitachi Magic Wand”, became widely known after sex educators like Betty Dodson, Joni Blank and Dell Williams recommended the massager to their clients, starting in the 1970s. Since then consumers have loved it for its power, quality and reliable satisfaction. In 2015, the Magic Wand Original was joined on store shelves by the Magic Wand Rechargeable, a cordless massager offering the freedom to enjoy the wand’s pleasures almost anywhere, anytime.” (www.prweb.com)
9. Layer by Layer – How To Make Voronoi Patterns in MeshMixer – The future is here! Now at home 3D printing and laser-cutting are becoming affordable!