Join Our Mailing List!

BEST ADVICE EVER RECEIVED

best advice

35 WISDOMS FROM MY TRIBE

By Saida

 

What is the best advise you have ever received?

My friend asked this question on Facebook and the amount of wisdom that happened in that poured into the comments was so inspiring, that I decided to share them with the world in today’s post!

In times of despair or downpour these might cheer you up and light the fire when it is needed.

35 BEST ADVICE EVER RECEIVED:

  1. “Never take advice!”

  2. “The only thing good reheated is cabbage.” (Old Hungarian saying)

  3. “If there is no solution, then there is not a problem”.

  4. “If you really want something, buy it. Life is short. Its value is to you, not anyone else. If you regret it later, you have bought a valuable lesson!” (Father to son)

  5. “Pants first, THEN shoes.”

  6. “Don’t carry your packages by the strings”- Erwin Hauer – sculptor

  7. “To realize that everything is just a choice between fear and love… and to choose love of course!”

  8. “If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer!”

  9. “Look both ways before crossing!” (because- the UK and stuff!)

  10. “Life is too short, enjoy every moment.”

  11. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life!”

  12. “Keep learning – it’s the one thing that can never be taken away!”

  13. “As you go forward with your life you will realize that happiness is 80% the quality of the personal relationships in your life and the other 20% is bullshit.” (To a young man upon graduation)

  14. “Do what makes you HAPPY!”

  15. “Never get into an argument that you’re always going to win or always going to lose.”

  16. “The first person to yell loses.”

  17. “If all else fails, you can always serve as a horrible example!”

  18. “Never stop asking questions.”

  19. “Not all friends are created equal.”

  20. “Never read the comments!”

  21. “Ancient wisdom in your bones. Listen to it.”

  22. “Simplicity is the essence of style and never-ever marry a jealous man!” (mother to daughter)

  23. “Don’t stick your nose in your children’s affairs.”

  24. “Never iron or fry bacon in the nude

  25. “Learn to say “no”!”

  26. “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.”

  27. “You can get anything you want if you ask for it the right way – and the true art of getting what you want , is never having to ask for it.”

  28. “The best teacher is the mistake.”

  29. “Work conquers despair”

  30. “Stop waiting for an apology and move on.”

  31. “Be present!”

  32. “When you feel loved, everything seems possible!”

  33. Don’t assume malice when incompetence is a perfectly reasonable explanation.” – Don Todd

  34. “Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

  35. “Follow your bliss!”

And the best one yet and an added bonus!!!!!!!!

36. Stay the fuck off Facebook!
What’s the best advise you have received? Share in comments!